Monday, August 05, 2024

Sanity

 PS: Sanity thy new name is Sabina 

A lovelorn heart - especially when it's aching to give love to another, unconditionally, is seeking completion, fulfilment of dharma that it was born to deliver. Sanity has no place here. It will vacillate and vibrate whenever the Supremo pitches it against another vessel that also seeks fulfilment in love.

That's what I am experiencing. It's my personal need and the other's. It presents illusions and excuses to mind - I am special for the other... we fit together... I am needed... this is a sapling of love that could grow into a lush, sweet fruit bearing tree. Humbug!!!! Shush!!!!

Fate don't test me please.

I have moved beyond carnal desires. Let me be delivered of the need to be loved, hold hands and rest my head against a solidly reliable heart to experience completion. Otherwise, when the fog clears, all that will be left to gather will be dust and ashes of what once was a promise of heaven and ended up shattered to broken bits. I've been there. 

Know O Heart! life has brought wisdom through heartaches and heartbreaks, I have converted - from impulsiveness to sobriety and sanity 

The school lesson that Sister Lioba imparted has been long outlived.  She said that when you feel love for someone - express. A delay in expression may be lost eternally with uncertain twists and turns that life presents.

But expression risks rejection. I don't want to hurt or be hurt. So sorry Sister Lioba. I choose to stay mum. No more mortal hide and seek games of love for me. 

Sanity is, and shall remain my dharma.


NO -

This time
I won't fall
Have seen it all
Game of pull
Attract, seduce and leave!
No way -
This time 
I'll saunter away
Not letting gaze to lock
Heart'll endure block
From lure to love 
Be loved
In womanly way...
My soul shall abide
It knows
It's dharma 
At a year less than sixty
Is solely 
Sanity. 

No comments: