Saturday, September 07, 2024

Clay feet

 

Someone said to me
with pride, they're no fool
for good they are 
at spotting clay-feet
early on, their fate 
is so -
not to be befooled 
by a demi-god
unlike ordinary folk, who 
create and pay homage to
mere idol.

In humility I shrunk -
I've history of pain unvent
yet without repent 
even tho' I see the chink -
It's visible, 
neither blind nor deaf 
I am, I do listen
to harps that are sore
to ear,
I've tasted distaste before,
and, have felt damp in crevice
that attempts to hide
flaw in make of the idol
so very dear
still, I behold love
in all its decor and splendour
it bears testimony 
by Jove
to Unseen Presence
that when struck 
untuned chords in a barren heart,
orchestrated a beautiful symphony
at beck of Master's call,
isn't this enough 
to rest my case 
cast doubt aside
and find it a place 
of honour on the high 
for I'm duty bound
to keep raised on pedestal,
the bareness of feet of clay
unveils seat of miracle 
in ordinary every day
I witness
beauty of Creator's play
and bow, in awe 
I offer
my sajda of surrender;
for I know my idol  
is a gift
it's work of the Supremo.
In layman lingo
He's referred to
as God.
 

No comments: