Wednesday, September 18, 2024

What's bravery?

 

What's of merit? -

An attempt to hide

All that i want to stand for

And be known as my truth?

No I call,

Clear and loud

That's ne'er going to be.


Stop - don't snide, 

I can hear 

The tongues' swag

I'm abhorred

Names are called:

How dare she say forthright 

Woman's love is not to say

Has to be hidden 

Buried deep in heart

Brings shame when women fall

Esp, if it has trespassed 

Boundaries not to be crossed; 

To express then Is sin

So its her rightful earn

Come stone 

Lash her hard 

She has thrown

Our rules to bin.

Has hurt the social pride

So deserves every smite 

For throwing caution 

To the wind.


I hear 

I savour 

I put my chin up 

Love showed up 

For me, in the moment I was bereft

I'll be brave 

enough to own

Will never let you down

No matter how I'm made to cry

Love, I will standby. 

No comments: