Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wrapped in blue 
of my time tattered shawl
in silent, stillness and solitude
I sit tall
to take stock 
of vestiges that’ve fell off me -
a woman, daughter, sister, mother, lover
stubborn wayward child forever
professional who loves to serve 
changing cloaks, coat and hat
even when 
personal health bugles call
for ailments to take toll
so much that
urn did crack.

All that was me
is bygone now
I stop to look 
then look again
of what remains there to seewhich one of these holds real me?
i whistle and whisper to get its heed
until subtly softly it comes to fore
an ‘I’ was unaware of 
for so long before -
its waiting silently
unscathed, unscarred by all.
aching to dance to a lively tune
Revel in sunshine
look to moon at Moon
ready to laugh
smile with wink
flatter all sense
with sight, sound and smell 
that ushers in with every breath 
refusing to age
or dwell to suffer
with itchy sole
ready to scale
all height and depths

live the life to very full
prepared to battle
take stand for cause
that touches core, moves my heart
it aches to reach 

beyond earthly shackle
and attain more than call
of pre-programmed destiny.

So with whom should I identify? -
The social roles 
that were capped on me
to last a while - then fade with time
Or, this ‘I’
That's been laid back
Waiting to be known
By me alone.
As I pondered
a penny dropped –
So this was why
Divine intervened
to let me be known
through all that enthralled
on stage of life where spotlight fell
exposing mesmerising hues 
of my coloured pot'
lost in applause
that came across
when did I ever once 
pause to see or heed
the ‘I’ 
that remained under cover.

Destiny however 
when it took control
ruthlessly tore all 
illusory role -
all was mortared to its very bit
till it was revealed –
what lay at core alone
was Self that’d endured
battering of sense thru' time;
the silent observer
then got to see and ask
when glare did recede –
who am I?
who am I?
who will be I always be?

Perception bubbled
As ‘I’ at rest
left myself to be steered
with Divine's hand 
in prime control
I regained lost sight and track
brought humbly down to knee
Grace let it be known 
for certain
the Truth spoken, written 
by my very soul 
Yes yes I know I've to make amend
with who I am -
I am that
who is meant to last
beyond all realm
of finite time and space of earth
born with life to bear witness
of eternal, ever lasting truth
of magnificent Presence
that endures for love and peace;
that I am
is a gift to me
it comes from no other, but He
all that's truly true in me
is His and His alone -
this is the 'I' 
thats here to stay and reside 
and then return
when the Supreme will's done
to dot of 'i'
and cross of 't'.



No comments: