Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Here is what I see in mirror 
When I check on self
In dwindling twilight
It's dusk of life and I see-
A small frame
Hollowed eyes that try with dare
Not to cry
Fingers fumble 
As i unpick
Bits and pieces 
To sew together 
Yarns and yards
Of stories, myths and lies
That world spun 
To tell me about me
With no mortal soul 
To care or caress 
A feverish forehead
I accept abandonment
Bonds of blood and heart
Are right to steer clear 
Of persona with no accolade 
or award won
No penny seen as mine
Of millions that adorn in bank
In balance then
There isn't much to add
To spell meaning to flamboyant  lives
That care to measure, then approach
I have nought
But a loving heart to give
So I stand firm to let go
See here I stand alone
With all You gave 
written to be gone
From now on
In my bare brevity 
I ask -
Do tell me
Come on state, Manufacturer
Place Your price tag 
Put Your label on me
It's time to verify
What's my worth
net value
As such what do I 
Mean to You?

No comments: