Sunday, February 07, 2010

Soulmate

I'd met once
not long before -
a mate
who was matched
in mind to mine.

We gazed together
at same horizon
in same frame of time -
spotted hues
smelled fragrance
sought and thought
in ways similar
when nights and days
were chatted away
sipping sizzling cups
of tea and lime.
Our paths had met
once and once alone
by chance, destiny
it was to move on
without any ponderance
on the sweetness of
our rhyme.

We parted road
changed direction
moving on was will of life
No questions there
remained to raise
no need to seek for reason
why it was meant
to look ahead
why couldn't norms
entertain us
why life couldn't be asked
for more of life
in this life?

Never for once
did we stop or listen
to heed melody of our souls,
small surprise then
I never realised-
person that'd been
left behind was
true partner
to my whole.

Not until the night
before did
a realisation dawn
transported I was
shipped ashore
across waters of sublime
Lo behold it seemed
no dream, I was there
in sweet company
it was my friend
with you
I was at home.

We walked
we talked
looked, laughed and
stopped along to listen
pouring forth
in our silence
were no less than
a thousand word
so much was said
not much undone
without utterance
of a kind.

Your glance was set
upon my face-
it warmed aglow
my gaze
without speaking
you raised a hand
to stop from fall
a single drop
holding on to lash.


Lips then moved
while hearts rejoiced -
sanity began to slip
my words flowed alongside
yours in a conversation
divine up along
till pause was reached
in time to seize in heart
the demand
of random flutter.

A surge was felt-
it paved the way
to give in to temptation
hands held abay
pushing away
from sway of stray emotion
when pupils locked
passions razed
to pinnacles of desire
I chose it then
to lay my head
to rest
it was against the heart
I sensed, homecoming
it was forever!

The moment lasted
a fleeting second,
next minute it was gone.
our breaths had risen
to fall in heave
leaving us to wonder
how the hell we'd survived
the blaze of life
with fortitude
and no ardour?

All we did was
to lay and savour
when peace and vigour
gushed in force
from deep tranquil hollows
our souls were filled
right to their brims
for one had met
the other.

I woke up next
in empty bed, turning over
to my side desperately in vain
I tried to hide
as rays of sun
did hit me;
painfully
it extinguished
the night, light
extended sight and vision
I c'd see with my stretch
of arms, a working day
had begun.

There was no time
to swoon or moon for
while sweet bliss it was
with you near
no heart breaks now, its okay
even tho' you're gone
for I've had
my chance, a special moment
it'll hold to
make my smile to linger
happily I'll mill about
my daily grind, strive around
till supper.

Rise and shine
I'll my love now, to hum
along the way
I'll search for memories
all day through in experience
that was meant to last
be eternal it was not
yet O how beautiful
it was for sure
when mind had
mated mind!

No comments: