Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Madlena and I
were in lighthearted stroll
by banks of river Rhine
when she grabbed my hand
and said 

in as loud as a whisper might:'
/hey look 
there's a couple
of madly in love swans 
how lovingly they gaze 

to rest in the other's loving eye
they float serenely on river water
that gently flows and ebbs 
gathering ripples 

into its folds as drizzles
come in of snow 
that's just begun.

I turned to look

follow her
point of finger
And heard her urge
to go on
not delay 
to save image of love in nature

in darkest recess 
of my head.


I listen 
to the passion that soars high
in my friend's caring tone
she says 
she's heard it sung
passed down generations

in local legends and lores
grandmums have assured 

and said -
the one who gets such view
is surely surely blessed 

to find true love 
in this very lifetime
it'll be theirs 
Forever and ever

so my friend
don't delay
I want it so

much for you!

I laughed 
and turned in

to search 
my tender grieving heart
it gave a shrug 

as if to courtesy down and say:
Madlena there isn't 

room herein
I've already had to fit in

many a facets of love
thats talked about
I've been inb love

been sufficiently loved 
much before
I've seen
these lovebirds that sail
with grace bringing
nature's grace to fore
If at all its a sign 

it tells me
my heart 

has had its fill 
of plenty 
of what two share
and it Entices not
for intoxicatingly sweet 

though it is -
it limits it confines

the joy of being.


My love of now 
extends far beyond
in every facet that I witness

I see in its miraculous shine
reflections of Divine
that sometimes touches

twinkle of trust 
in little toddler's hand
or hope that lights

the seeking eye
its held in parent's patients toil
expressions of arts and science

that mind creates
carries indelible mark
that glows in love's radiant spark
and most of all 
I see it apparent
In timeless friendship 

or when unattached hand 
extends beyond blood or social tie
to lift to grace

a fallen soul
and so you see 
I've already witnessed love of many a kind
Madlena dear
at its very best
thats enough for any lifetime
to holds in eternal bind.

No comments: