Thursday, March 13, 2014

At the Sun-door

Ananda Kentish Coomaraswamy (1887-1947) wrote: "When the deceased reaches the Sundoor, the question is asked, 'Who art thou?'"

I've come to Sun-door
and the old man with beard
with severity
asks with stamp of staff on ground:
"Who are you?"
I smile and bow
kneel down with humility
then say:
I'm one who was taught
to see
truth of love
that's there to stay
can only belong to Divinity
all that came my way
couldn't be labelled as chance or serendipity,
when storms raged across
my dry desert land
I stood up, peered through
tipping on toes to scan
I saw
all that blew my way
to consume, devour
from vice turned to virtuous
unconditional and undemanding - His love
alone stood by me
so here bear witness man
that I see today
with crystal clarity -
I'm His
captive in love
signing off bond of unquestioning servility
I am ready
to be ripped apart
torn gladly to bits
when summoned forth
I will gladly serve
Him and His, for all that is He.

I love You Allah.


No comments: