Saturday, March 08, 2014

Apology

Let me say
in repentance
that I err again and again
to unreasonably expect
my love to be returned
in reciprocation.

For what's given back
isn't mine, nor his or her 
for that matter
I am alone in choice 
to love those around
fill self as vessel
receive what's so exquisitely Divine
then that which comes my way 
through one heart or another
is mere reflection
of whats been bestowed 
of You they do distribute
what feels right
and is theirs to give
why bother then 
becomes mine?

Its Your gift
that I've received  
Whether in hurt or spurn
it comes sealed with Your kiss
handed through him or her
its couriered to my humble place
what choice have I 
but to accept
take it with grace
even if it's despise 
left alone to hand?
With this realization 
what cometh now
I receive with somber bow
no solace sought
there's no complaint
no question there 
to ask.

No comments: