Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am not a mother
I am mere care taker 
Of their soul
And in remuneration
I've received more 
Much more than my share
From time 
Of first stirrings felt
When new life began
Those given to me
To shelter for short while
became lifelong friend
Angels in guard for me
They hugged me close to warm
Held light when darkness dwelled
And eyes got weak to see
They alerted to
Hushed steps of gloom
Whenever it advent near
I was lightened so with shared laugh
In harmony our songs were sung
With love in rhyme 
hope in melody;
In storm 
We stuck close
Each served other as rudder
To steer clear 
and dry to shore -
Importantly I've known this 
And will always know
for sure - while there's distance 
For now, however
whenever my coat's hung
For final lie 
I'll hear them cheerily walk along
Carrying flowers in their bloom
Singing with gay and gale in tone
To make me smile as I lie lone
When they say with love
I'll cheer yea, yea
We were merry 
We were  happy 
We are glad that we were made to dwell
Together as family.

I love you loads Somu, Momu.

No comments: