Friday, January 18, 2013

snow walk


I've walked about
in rain before
on else's tip toe -
so today I felt
like experimenting
with steadily falling snow.

Hastily dressed
I left the house
in a soul baring fleece
I chose to run -
too keen to test 
and dare the ice.

Does cold within
when layered on
with further flakes
serve to toughen,
the mould -
or will it melt
me to flow without
with watering of eye
and nose?

It's for this
I thumped with my feet
racing ground 
to perceive
feel and find -
no blight, no blaze
settled down
steam billowed
off my gasping mouth
i was rasping 
breath of fire.

It wasn't me
but flakes
that melted
and their tenderness 
touched my core -
with tears came out
knowing self
in all of a sudden 
downpour.

I knew 
now ferrous certain.
its my heart 
that is at fault -
it just never 
ever ceases to scorch
and snow'll not 
soothe or mend
it's been cast
its been set on fire
of its own!

No comments: